Everyone needs certain nutrients to stay healthy. Here’s a simple breakdown of seven of them and why they matter:
- Why they matter: They’re like fuel for our bodies, giving us energy to do stuff.
- Where to get them: Whole grains (like oats and brown rice), fruits, veggies, and beans.
- Why they matter: Think of proteins as building materials. They help our muscles grow and repair damages.
- Where to get them: Meat (like chicken or beef), fish, eggs, dairy like yogurt, beans, and nuts.
- Why they matter: Not all fats are bad! They help our body grow and protect our insides.
- Where to get them: Avocados, olive oil, nuts, fish, and some dairy.
- Why they matter: Vitamins keep us strong and help our body work right.
- Where to get them: Fruits, vegetables, grains, and meat. Different foods give different vitamins.
- Why they matter: Minerals help our bones stay strong and our nerves send messages.
- Where to get them: Green veggies, milk, nuts, grains, and meat. Different foods give different minerals.
- Why it matters: Our body needs water for everything it does.
- Where to get it: Drinking water is best, but fruits like watermelon and veggies like cucumber have lots too.
- Why it matters: Fiber helps our stomach digest food and keeps us feeling full.
- Where to get it: Grains, beans, fruits, veggies, and seeds.
Remember to eat a mix of these nutrients every day to stay healthy. If you’re unsure about something, it’s always good to ask a nutrition expert.
Last but not least subscribe medicalvoicespot for any health-related query.